Much more than 8,000 registered nurses and wellbeing treatment staff are collaborating in the strike.
Nurses and overall health care staff at 15 facilities throughout Northern California will maintain a just one-day strike on April 18 to protest Sutter Health’s refusal to tackle their proposals about harmless staffing and overall health and safety protections, introduced California Nurses Association (CNA), an affiliate of Nationwide Nurses United, and CNA affiliate Caregivers and Health care Personnel Union (CHEU) today.
This notice follows almost unanimous strike authorization votes in March. Nurses and wellness treatment personnel have presented progress observe to Sutter Health for the strike. Much more than 8,000 registered nurses and health care personnel are collaborating in the strike.
Sutter Well being RNs and well being treatment employees have been in negotiations considering the fact that June 2021 for a new contract, with very little to no movement on vital concerns. They urge management to invest in nursing staff members and concur to a deal that offers:
- protected staffing that will allow nurses to provide safe and therapeutic treatment and
- pandemic readiness protections that have to have the hospitals to make investments in private protective machines stockpiles and comply with California’s PPE stockpile legislation.
“The Sutter nurses voted for this strike,” reported Renee Waters, a Trauma Neuro Intense Care RN with 26 several years of encounter. “We are striking due to the fact Sutter is not clear about the stockpile of PPE supplies and make contact with tracing. They resist getting nurses straight concerned in setting up and implementation of procedures that have an effect on all of us all through a pandemic. We will have to handle these problems and additional. A honest contract is necessary to keep seasoned nurses, have adequate staffing and instruction, and ensure we have the means we require to present harmless and successful care for our clients. Nurses are fighting again versus Sutter placing profits ahead of clients and health and fitness treatment employees.”
- Who: Registered nurses and overall health care staff at 15 Sutter facilities
- What: 1-day strike for safe and sound staffing and health and basic safety protections
- When: Monday, April 18, 7 a.m. to Tuesday, April 19, 6:59 a.m. (see picket occasions below).
- Where by: See under for checklist of amenities and spots
“Nurses overwhelmingly voted to go out on strike since we see no other possibility left for us