Union College or university introduced the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Office with the Community Partnership Award Tuesday, Feb. 8, at the ninth once-a-year Neighborhood Appreciation Breakfast at Union Higher education.
Union College or university offers the award to figure out a local company, basis or organization’s steadfast perseverance to encouraging the faculty execute its mission — to develop a private, college student-concentrated local community that empowers pupils for a lifetime of discovering, company and management.
The overall health department’s mission is to defend and market the public’s health and fitness in Lincoln and Lancaster County by way of group well being solutions, dental and nutritional services, animal handle, environmental community overall health, health and fitness advertising and outreach, and public wellness informatics and setting up.
Even though the ongoing pandemic introduced a great deal of interest to the department’s function in running infectious health conditions, Union Faculty nursing professor Kristine Follett nominated the overall health section for this award extensive just before COVID-19 grew to become a family buzzword.
Individuals are also reading…
As Follett shared with function attendees, the health section has assisted Union Faculty educate pupils for extra than 40 several years.
“I have been training our Population Wellness and Catastrophe Nursing programs and had the privilege of doing the job carefully with lots of of my Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Division close friends to aid significant mastering encounters for our learners even though serving the local community jointly,” she stated.
In this article are some highlights Follett recounted:
• As significantly again as the 1980s, Union University nursing students partnered with wellness department nurses to hold health and fitness screening and schooling clinics, motor vehicle seat protection schooling and a lot more.
• Senior general public well being nurses speak to students about well being section expert services and facilitate residence visit encounters for nursing learners.
• Wellness office staff members members present a wellbeing screening booth as aspect of the Union College or university foot treatment clinic at Task Join.
• The health department creates college student observation opportunities at the department’s Sexual Wellness Clinic as well as at Animal Regulate and the Females Infants and Small children (WIC) clinic.
• Thurman Hoskins, illness investigator specialist, and Kathy King, an environmental overall health expert, have been visitor lecturers at Union University for several yrs.
• Health section interpreters lover with