LONDON (Reuters) – Queen Elizabeth, the world’s longest reigning monarch, tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday.
Buckingham Palace tries to steer clear of releasing particulars about her well being as it states health-related issues are non-public.
* COVID: “The Queen has now analyzed favourable for COVID,” Buckingham Palace said. “Her Majesty is experiencing mild cold like signs but expects to keep on light obligations at Windsor around the coming week.”
“She will continue to acquire health care interest and will stick to all correct recommendations,” the Palace said.
* “I can not shift” – Elizabeth on Feb. 16 quipped to associates of the royal home that she could not go substantially as she carried out her to start with in-individual engagement considering the fact that her son Prince Charles examined positive for COVID-19, a handful of days right after he experienced visited her.
Political Cartoons on Globe Leaders
“Oh, I am listed here,” the queen, supporting herself with a adhere, chuckled as the outgoing and incoming defence companies secretaries entered her area.
When questioned how she was, the queen responded: “Properly, as you can see, I won’t be able to go.” She gestured at her feet in advance of shuffling ahead slightly and greeting the pair with a handshake.
* Remembrance Day Service – Elizabeth pulled out of the Remembrance Day ceremony on Nov. 14 at the Cenotaph war memorial in London on Sunday with a sprained again.
She was again at work at Windsor a few times later on.
* COP26 – In late October, Elizabeth withdrew from attending the COP26 summit in Glasgow next information from doctors to rest.
* Clinic: Elizabeth spent a night in clinic on Oct. 20 for the to start with time in a long time for what Buckingham Palace termed ‘preliminary investigations’. She returned to Windsor Castle the upcoming day.
On the day Elizabeth went to medical center, Buckingham Palace had claimed only that the monarch had been explained to to relaxation for a number of days. Her medical center go to arrived to light later on.
A royal resource reported the queen experienced stayed in medical center for realistic factors and that her medical workforce had taken a careful method.
* Alcohol and using: British media described that Elizabeth had in 2021 given up her each day dry martini and even been pressured to give up horseriding.
* Eye cataract: In 2018, Elizabeth, then 92, underwent thriving surgical procedures to take care of an eye cataract. Cataracts are when the lens, a compact clear disc inside of your eye, develops cloudy patches.
*A heavy chilly: In 2016, Elizabeth, then 90, and her spouse, Philip, acquired heavy colds. She missed a regular Christmas church services for the to start with time in many years.
* Gastroenteritis: In 2013, the queen was handled for gastroenteritis when she was 86.
* 1981: A British gentleman fired 6 blank shots at the queen as she rode along the Mall throughout a Trooping the Colour ceremony. The queen was unharmed. Her horse experimented with to bolt but she controlled it and carried on with the procession.
* 1969: In the summer months of 1969 the queen suddenly withdrew from community obligations with severe nervous exhaustion, according to a reserve entitled “Our Queen” by Robert Hardman. She took to her mattress for various days. The Palace said she had a “feverish cold”.
(Reporting by Dude Faulconbridge modifying by Barbara Lewis)
Copyright 2022 Thomson Reuters.